Land of Puffins, Norway
As the experience of past trips shows, May is a pretty good time for this trip. First, this time of the year Norway usually there is very little rainfall. The air has already warmed up, the valleys have flowered, and in the mountains above 700-1000 meters above sea level, there is still snow. Secondly, there are still no crowds of tourists and you can enjoy this beautiful nature around us almost alone.
We will see the famous fjords, we will drive around them and cross them with local ferries.
The island of Runde is a paradise for ornithologists, a lot of different birds nest here, but our main goal is a photo hunting for Atlantic puffins.
We will see many waterfalls in Norway, including Vitifossen, which is the highest in Norway, 275 meters high. At this time in the season, the snow melts intensively and the waterfalls will be deep.
We will visit the country of glaciers, Jostedal National Park, where the Tuftebrin, Nigardsbrin and Fobergstolsbrin glaciers are located. You can come close to them and feel the coldness of their breath.
We will visit the Atlantic Ocean, driving along it along the Atlantic Road over the “drunk” bridge.
We will visit the Troll Church cave, inside of which there is a waterfall. We will also stop by the Troll Ladder viewpoint and visit the Amotan valley.
On the way home, we’ll stop in Oslo, the capital of Norway. You will have free time and can walk around the city center or visit several museums dedicated to the Vikings. Kon-Tiki Museum dedicated to the life and activities of Thor Heyerdahl and his sailing boats. The Fram Museum dedicated to the history of the Norwegian polar expeditions, where you can not just watch but also climb aboard the legendary ship Fram, on which the famous Norwegian polar explorer Nansen went on expeditions.
Departure/Return LocationLviv, Ukraine
Departure TimeMay 18th, 2020
Return TimeMay 31th, 2020
Due to weather conditions and the movement pace of the group on the route, minor changes to the program are possible.
The price includes:
- Transportation costs throughout the entire route, travel by minibus from Lviv;
- Tickets for all domestic ferries through the fjords;
- Ticket for ferry across the Baltic Sea both ways;
- Two nights in a hotel in Poland, 5 nights in a camping in a tent, the other nights outdoors in a tent;
- The burner and gas, as well as the use of common kitchen equipment. We will cook all meals collectively, your participation is expected
- Medical first aid kit for the group
- Professional guide for all hikes and treks
- Consultations for the trip, personal equipment, insurance, etc
- Meals (about 50 euros per person for the whole trip, personal meals are possible if desired);
- Visa fees for those who do not have a biometric passport or those who need it;
- Shower in campsites, as well as the use of washing and drying machines; Estimated prices (shower 4-5 minutes = 10 kroons, this is just over 1 euro, use of a washing and drying machine 30-50 kroons each, 1 euro is approximately 9 kroons