Western Norway. The land of fjords and vikings.
From our experience, May is a great time to visit Western Norway. First, this is a low precipitation season, yet warm enough for flowers to start blossoming in the numerous valleys. While the mountains above 700-1000 meters are still covered in snow and contrast nicely with the colorful valleys. Secondly, this is a shoulder season we can avoid crowds of tourists and enjoy this beauty all by ourselves.
- We will visit famous Lysefjord, Hardangerfjord, Aurlandsfjord and Sognefjords. We drive along them and cross them on ferry where needed.
- We will see the Preacher’s Pulpit or Preacher’s Chair cliff also known under the Norwegian name Preikestolen.
- We will photograph massive waterfalls Manafossen, Latefossen, Voringfossen, Tvindefossen and many others. This is the best time to see waterfalls as the snow is melting in May.
- We will also make sure not to forget the valley of waterfalls in Husedalen which is situated in Hardangervidda National Park. We’ll setup a camp there for a night to soak in the majestic air and sounds.
- Then, we must visit Boyabreen and Tuftebreen glaciers, and will step on Nigardsbreen and Fobergstolsbreen glaciers so we can feel their cold and frosty breath.
- Time to reach Atlantic Ocean and most souther lighthouse of Norway, Lindesnes.
- We will visit famous historic hotel Stalheim and Fossli, as well Kjeaseen farm hanging above the fjord and from which an unforgettable Hardagngerfjord can be seen.
- We will drive through Ryfylke and Hardanger Fjord national scenic routes.
- Besides all of this, one our route we will visit ancient wooden church in Roldal built in 1275, one of well known view points above Aurlandsfjord, and 24.5 km long Laerdal tunnel.
- Along the way, we will stop by capital of Norway, Oslo. There you will have free time to explore the city on your own, its museum covering Viking history. For instance, the Kon Tiki museum houses vessels, maps and other artifacts from the Kon Tiki expedition. Frama museum dedicated to Norwegian polar exploration. And don’t forget to simply walk the streets of Oslo, one of Europe’s best cities
Departure/Return LocationLviv, Ukraine
Departure TimeMay 1th, 2020
Return TimeMay 14th, 2020
Due to weather conditions and the movement pace of the group on the route, minor changes to the program are possible.
The price includes:
- Transportation costs throughout the entire route, travel by minibus from Lviv;
- Tickets for all domestic ferries through the fjords;
- Ticket for ferry across the Baltic Sea both ways;
- Two nights in a hotel in Poland, 5 nights in a camping in a tent, the other nights outdoors in a tent;
- The burner and gas, as well as the use of common kitchen equipment. We will cook all meals collectively, your participation is expected
- Medical first aid kit for the group
- Professional guide for all hikes and treks
- Consultations for the trip, personal equipment, insurance, etc
- Meals (about 50 euros per person for the whole trip, personal meals are possible if desired);
- Visa fees for those who do not have a biometric passport or those who need it;
- Shower in campsites, as well as the use of washing and drying machines; Estimated prices (shower 4-5 minutes = 10 kroons, this is just over 1 euro, use of a washing and drying machine 30-50 kroons each, 1 euro is approximately 9 kroons